Kaleidoscope is designed to empower, enrich, and inspire women of our community. This daylong event focuses on women's health and education initiatives, and features unique opportunities to learn and network. Women Working Wonders (W3) is proud to continue the legacy of the MSUAA Kaleidoscope program, now in its 43rd year. The women of W3 are excited to introduce a re-imagined Kaleidoscope to the mid-Michigan community. This event supports W3's mission to support the physical and psychological health of women through community leadership, resource development and outreach initiatives. Our friends and partners at the MSU Alumni Association continue to have a strong presence in Kaleidoscope, and the most popular features of this beloved event will remain unchanged.
W3 is happy to invite back Kaleidoscope staple, Professor Elliot Engel. Professor Elliot Engel is one of the most insightful, personable and entertaining lecturers to come out of academia in the past 50 years. His witty, engaging speaking style imparts hard, factual information, leaving his audiences virtually spellbound yet charmed by his humor and insight. Using anecdotes and analysis, he gives new insights into the backgrounds, accomplishments and lives of the great masters of English and American literature, as well as significant historical figures.
As a professor, Engel has taught courses at Duke University, North Carolina State University and the University of North Carolina. For his scholarship and teaching, he has received North Carolina’s Adult Education Award and the Victorian Society Award of Merit.
Programming and Schedule for 2017:
7:45-4:00 p.m. Shopping Emporium and Health & Beauty Emporiums
7:45 a.m. Registration Opens
8:15 a.m. Breakfast begins, Registration continues
8:30 a.m. Welcome from Stella Cash, Vice President of Development and Strategic Partnerships
9:00 a.m. Remarks - from Sheri Jones, WLNS TV 6 Anchorwoman
9:05 a.m. Opening Session - Elliot Engel
10:05 a.m. Break [Mingle and visit the Emporiums]
10:35 a.m. Session I
11:30 a.m. Break [Mingle and visit the Emporiums]
11:45 a.m. Session II
12:40 p.m. Break [Mingle and visit the Emporiums]
1:15 p.m. Luncheon
2:00 p.m. Keynote Address - Details to come!
Thank you to our generous 2017 sponsors!
If you are interested in sponsorship opportunities, please contact Cindy Watters, Senior Development Officer, at Cynthia.Watters@Sparrow.Org or by telephone at 517.364.3619.
If you have any questions or concerns about Kaleidoscope, please contact Lisa Stewart,
Development & Events Specialist at email@example.com or by telephone at 517.364.3631.
Women Working Wonders (W3)
Founded in 2002 by Lansing entrepreneur Virginia Hilbert, the Sparrow Foundation’s Women Working Wonders (W3) Committee works tirelessly to support the physical and psychological health of women in mid-Michigan. The committee comprises more than 35 professional women from the Greater Lansing area. With the generous support of our community, W3 has raised more than $2.2 million for initiatives that advance women’s health. Its signature fundraisers are The Dapper Dads Challenge and Fashion Show, and Kaleidoscope.
Thanks to community philanthropy, W3 supported/funded projects include:
- A $250,000 MicroSelection HDR V2 that reduces radiation treatment for Patients
- A state-of-the-art stereotactic breast biopsy machine for Sparrow’s Radiology Department.
- A dedicated room for the compassionate treatment of sexual assault victims.
- A Transition-to-Hospice Program that helps terminally ill Patients and their families ease into end-of-life care.
- An Infant Bereavement Program for the heartbreaking times when parents lose a newborn.
- Pocket-sized cards outlining symptoms of heart disease and stroke specific to women, created and distributed throughout the region.
- A comfortable (and comforting) family lounge in Sparrow’s Neurosciences Center.
- Softer, more comfortable examination gowns for women undergoing mammograms at Sparrow.
- A lactation clinic at Sparrow to assist mothers who may have challenges breastfeeding their new babies.
- The creation of the Deb Atkinson W3 Endowment
- A $1 million pledge to Sparrow's new Herbert-Herman Cancer Center
Kaleidoscope is designed to empower, enrich and inspire the women of our community. W3 is proud to continue the legacy of this event, now in its 43rd year and previously hosted by the MSU Alumni Association.