Lansing's Leading Men Supporting Women's Health
Voting is now open for the 2016 Dapper Dads event!
Seventh Annual Fashion Show Finale - Thursday, June 9, 2016
Final day to enter votes online is Wednesday, June 8 at 3 pm!
Click here for a printable mail in form.
Mail in or hand delivered votes must reach the Foundation office by June 6, 2016.
Voting is also available at the Dapper Dad's event.
VIP Reception: 5:30 pm
General Admission and Fashion Show Event: 6:30 pm
General Admission tickets: $30.00
VIP Tickets: $60.00
The Dapper Dads Challenge and Fashion show consists of a campaign for online votes from the community, and the Dapper Dad's Fashion Show, which is the culmination of the challenge. Each vote costs $5 and is 100% tax-deductible; all proceeds support the mission of women's health. Last year's suite of Dapper Dads raised more than $290,000 during the campaign, which lead to amazing competition and very creative performances on the runway during the Fashion Show!
Since its inception, this popular event hosted by Women Working Wonders (W3) and the Sparrow Foundation, has raised more than $1,115,000 in support of the physical and psychological health of women in mid-Michigan. Every year, local community leaders and professionals, who are passionate about supporting women's health in our region, are recruited to be a new suite of Dapper Dads and Dudes.
Founded in 2002 by Lansing entrepreneur Virginia Hilbert, the Sparrow Foundation’s Women Working Wonders (W3) Committee works tirelessly to support the physical and psychological health of women in mid-Michigan. The committee comprises more than 35 professional women from the Greater Lansing area. With the generous support of our community, W3 has raised more than $2.2 million for initiatives that advance women’s health. Its signature fundraisers are The Dapper Dads Challenge and Fashion Show, and Kaleidoscope.
Thanks to community philanthropy, W3 supported/funded projects include:
- A $250,000 MicroSelection HDR V2 that reduces radiation treatment for Patients
- A state-of-the-art stereotactic breast biopsy machine for Sparrow’s Radiology Department.
- A dedicated room for the compassionate treatment of sexual assault victims.
- A Transition-to-Hospice Program that helps terminally ill Patients and their families ease into end-of-life care.
- An Infant Bereavement Program for the heartbreaking times when parents lose a newborn.
- Pocket-sized cards outlining symptoms of heart disease and stroke specific to women, created and distributed throughout the region.
- A comfortable (and comforting) family lounge in Sparrow’s Neurosciences Center.
- Softer, more comfortable examination gowns for women undergoing mammograms at Sparrow.
- A lactation clinic at Sparrow to assist mothers who may have challenges breastfeeding their new babies.
- The creation of the Deb Atkinson W3 Endowment
- A $1 million pledge to Sparrow's new Herbert-Herman Cancer Center
Congratulations to the winner of the Sixth Annual Dapper Dads Challenge and Fashion Show: Mr. Fred Schaard. Mr. Schaard, of Rehmann, garnered 13,223 votes, totaling more than $66,115.00 raised for women's health in Lansing! Women Working Wonders is so grateful to the entire suite of 2015 Dads, who gave their time and talents, collectively raising more than $290,000 worth of votes during the campaign.
Women Working Wonders and the Sparrow Foundation would like to extend a very special thank you to all of the Dapper Dads and Dudes who give their time and their talents to compete in this challenge; also to our generous partners, Kositchek's, The University Club of Michigan State University and Feldman's Chevrolet, whose support of this event is so greatly appreciated; and finally, to our volunteers, without whose hands and hearts, this annual event would not be possible.
If you have questions about Dapper Dads, or are interested in sponsorship opportunities, please contact Cindy Artibee, Senior Development Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 517.364.3619.
Thank You to Our Generous 2016 Sponsors
Feldman's Chevrolet of Lansing
Special Thanks to Our Partners:
The University Club of Michigan State University